Kamis, 29 April 2010

THE USE OF PRONOUN (Penggunaan Kata Ganti)

1 2 3 4 5
I me my mine myself
You you your yours yourself
He him his his himself
She her her hers herself
It it its - itself
We us our ours ourselves
They them their theirs themselvers

kETERANGAN:
1 - dipakai sebagai subyek
2 - dipakai sebagai obyek
3 - kata ganti milik (dipakai jika setelahnya diikuti kata benda)
4 - kata ganti milik (dipakai jika setelahnya tidak diikuti kata benda)
5 - untuk menyatakan sesuatu yang dilakukan sendiri/bersama2


Personal Pronouns (Kata Ganti Orang)
Personal pronouns adalah kata-kata yang digunakan untuk mengganti orang atau benda
Examples:
I give my sister money.
My sister brings me a book.
He catches the cat.
Rina gives him money.

Complete the sentences using personal pronouns..
1. I don’t eat mangoes. I don’t like ___.
2. Johanna us a very nice girl. I like ___.
3. This sweater isn’t very nice. I don’t like ___.
4. Mr. Adams isn’t very friendly. I don’t like ___.
5. This is my new home. Do you like ___?
6. I don’t know that girl. Do you know ___?
7. I don’t know that boy. Do you know ___?
8. I don’t know those people Do you know ___?
9. I don’t know the door. Do you know ___?
10. I love you. Do you love ___?


Possessive Adjectives (Kata Ganti Milik)
Possessive adjectives adalah kata-kata yang digunakan untuk menyatakan milik
Kata ganti milik ini tidak dapat berdiri sendiri, tetapi diikuti oleh noun (kata benda)
Examples:
My car is new
(my langsung diikuti oleh noun car)
Her husband is a doctor
(her langsung diikuti oleh noun husband)
That is your bag
(your langsung diikuti oleh noun bag)

Underline the correct form.
1. I like (my/me) job.
2. Diana invited (her/hers) to the meeting.
3. He speaks to (we/us) every morning.
4. Risa and (I/me) will go to Bandung.
5. (Her/Hers) car doesn’t go.
6. We love (our/us) profession.
7. (He/his) is going to Paris tomorrow.
8. I go to school with (her/hers) everyday.
9. I like (it/its) very much.
10. You and (I/me) are students.

Complete the sentences using possesive adjectives..
1. I’m going to post _____ letter.
2. Do you like ____ job?
3. I met Emilia with ____ husband, Budiman.
4. Yogyakarta is famous for ____ university.
5. Mr. Hilman invites ____ friends to come to the party.
6. Mr. and Mrs. Hassan live in Solo ____ daughter lives in London.
7. We wants to visit Bali ____ first visit is Tanah Lot.
8. Where is the handle of this hammer? ____ handle is over there.
9. Where is ____ letter? It’s on the table.
10. Thank you for ____ help.


Possessive Pronouns (Kata Ganti Yang Menyatakan Milik)
Possessives pronouns adalah kata-kata yang digunakan untuk menyatakan milik
Kata ganti milik ini tidak diikuti oleh noun (kata benda)
Examples:
It is mine.
Mine is red
The book is yours.
Yours are white.

Complete the sentences using possesives pronouns.
1. It’s your money. It’s ____.
2. It’s my bag. It’s ____.
3. It’s our car. It’s ____
4. They’re her shoes. They’re ____.
5. It’s their house. It’s ____.



Choose the right word.
1. It’s (their/theirs) problem, not our/ours.
2. This is a nice camera. Is it (your/yours)
3. That’s not (my/mine) umbrella. (My/mine) is black.
4. Whose books are these? (Your/yours) or (my/mine).
5. Natasha is going out with her/hers friends this evening.

Finish these sentences. Use friend(s) of mine/yours etc.
1. I went to the cinema with a ________________.
2. They went on holiday with some ________________.
3. He’s going out with a ________________.
4. We had dinner with some ________________.
5. I played badminton with a ________________.


Reflexive Pronouns (Kata Ganti Reflektif)
Reflektive Pronouns adalah kata-kata yang digunakan untuk menyatakan sesuatu yang memiliki hubungan timbal balik.
Examples:
I do it myself (saya mengerjakan itu sendiri)
Help yourself (bantu dirimu sendiri)
He bought himself a car (Dia membelikan dia sendiri sebuah mobil)

Complete the sentences using reflexive pronouns.
1. I cut _______ with a knife.
2. The woman shot _______ with a gun.
3. We enjoyed _______.
4. They think about _______.
5. He is angry with _______.


Finish the sentences using reflexive pronouns.
1. I never think about _______.
2. He looked at _______ in the mirror.
3. She never thinks about _______.
4. I went on holiday _______.
5. My sister lives _______.

Evaluation. Choose the correct word in parantheses.
1. This is (my, mine) umbrella. (Your, yours) umbrella is over there.
2. This umbrella is (my, mine). The other one is (your, yours)
3. Mary and Bob have (their/theirs) books. In other words, Mary has (her, hers) and Tom has his.
4. A honey bee has two wings on each side of (its, it’s) body.
5. (Its, It’s) true that a homing pigeon will find (its, it’s) way home even though it begins (its, it’s) trip in unfamiliar territory).
6. I have a pet. (Its, it’s) name is Squeak. (Its, It’s) a turtle. (Its, It’s) been my pet for two years.

Cross out the wrong pronoun
1. I write to (he, him) and he writes to (I, me).
2. Mary goes to a dance, and Henry goes with (her, she).
3. We know (them, they) very well, and they know (we, us).
4. I see (she, her) in the classroom, and she sees (me, I).
5. He telephones to (she, her) every day and tells (she, her) the news.
6. He speaks English to (we, us) and (we, us) speak English to (he, him)
7. She speaks English to ((, me) and (I, me) speak English to (she, her).
8. They write to (she, her) and (she, her) writes to (they, them).

3 komentar:

  1. Mantap, materinya bagus, contohnya lengkap, 100% bermanfaat, update terus materinya, ditunggu yah.... :)

    BalasHapus
  2. sangat berterimakasih karena sangat mbantu dan mudah dipahami 😄

    BalasHapus